Many reasons why coconut oil is so good - my favourite is the fact that its high in magnesium and potassium.
1. Coconut water is rich in minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Each young coconut contains approximately 200 to 1,000 millilitres of water depending on type and size. It was said that in World War II coconut water was used for British and Japanese patients intravenously because saline solution was in short supply.
2. Coconut sugar is derived from the sap of the coconut tree, which is a sugary sap found when cutting the flower in the very tops of the coconut tree. Apart from tasting great coconut sugar has many benefits over regular sugars and sweeteners. Coconut sugar has a low glycemic index of 35 and contains several minerals and fibre.
3. Coconut oil in the kitchen can be used to fry, sauté, bake and roast food. You can use different types of coconut oil such as cold pressed, or expeller pressed to change the aroma and taste of coconut.
4. Coconut oil is made up of 92% saturated fats such as caprylic, capric and best of all lauric acid, which is identical to a special group of fats found in human breast milk. These medium chain triglycerides makeup approximately 60% of the structure of coconut oil structure and are the reason why coconut oil is so good. Many years of research have shown that not all saturated fats are created equal and that medium chain triglycerides are burned as direct fuel by the human body.
5. In some cultures and specifically within the Banaban community, coconut oil is used to help with assisting infants at birth. Coconut oil is also great to help with pregnancy and help ease the stretching of skin with stretch marks.
6. Coconut flour is a great replacement in baking as it contains no wheat or gluten and has typically less than 25% carbohydrates compared to regular wheat flours.
7. Coconut milk is a fantastic substitute for those with lactose intolerances and vegetarians. Like coconut cream, they are almost the same product with just different levels of water added with the coconut meat and altering the fat content.
8. Coconut amino seasoning like coconut sugar is made from the sap of the coconut tree. It is a great vegan and gluten alternative to soy source and those with soy intolerances. Coconut sap also creates coconut toddy; a fermented juice that is the most common alcoholic drink in widely spread coconut regions.
9. Coconut can be incorporated into your pets diets topically and internally to help with general health and wellbeing. Much like uses for humans, pets can benefit the same from coconut.
10. Coconut has great anti-bacterial properties and is perfect for assisting the skin in the repair of cuts and scraps. Using coconut oil regularly on the skin can help soften it over time and assist with ageing and fine lines.
11. Recent studies are emerging that coconut oil and oil pulling are increasingly good for oral health and hygiene. Methods such as oil pulling and brushing your teeth with coconut oil are becoming very popular amongst modern day health alternatives.
Want to purchase some organic coconut oil direct from the supplier? Click here.